Farnham Humanists is
- a group partner of Humanists UK (formerly the British Humanist Association), 39 Moreland Street, London, EC1V 8BB. Tel: 020 7324 3060 www.humanism.org.uk
- affiliated to the National Secular Society, 25 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4RL Tel: 020 7404 3126 www.secularism.org.uk
- a member of the South Central England Humanists Network (SCEHN).
See their latest free newsletter, Humanistically Speaking, here
Groups close to Farnham
- Guildford and Woking Humanists (not currently active)
- Basingstoke Humanists – restarting in Jan 2024 – get involved!
- Reading Humanists www.reading.humanist.org.uk
Nearby Humanist Groups in the South
- Central London Humanists www.centrallondonhumanists.org
- South Hampshire Humanists www.southhantshumanists.org.uk
- Dorset Humanists www.dorsethumanists.co.uk
- South West London Humanists www.swlhumanists.org.uk
- Windsor Humanists www.windsorhumanists.com
- Hampshire Skeptics Society (They also run Winchester Skeptics in the Pub) www.hampshireskeptics.org
Newsletters and magazines which might be of interest
- The Freethinker
is an online journal of freethought, open enquiry and irreverence. Founded in 1881, it has a long history of challenging religious privilege. Its current editor, Emma Park, was appointed in January 2022. Its stance is culturally liberal, politically unaligned, and sceptical of all forms of ideological tyranny. Subscribe to the free fortnightly newsletter or connect on Twitter or Facebook.
The Freethinker is funded by Secular Society Ltd, a not-for-profit with secular humanist aims, including ‘To promote the utmost freedom of enquiry.’
- The New Humanist
“We’re a quarterly magazine of culture and science, published since 1885. New Humanist is for anyone who wants to understand the ideas, conflicts and systems shaping our world – climate, capitalism, technology, fundamentalism, struggles for equality and more. We publish a beautiful edition once every three months full of serious, intelligent essays and reportage. Subscribe to our print and digital editions.
New Humanist is published by the Rationalist Association, a registered charity promoting rational inquiry and debate based on evidence rather than belief.”