Who are Humanists?
Humanists are atheists and agnostics who share a non-religious ethical outlook and seek to create a more open, just and caring society.
- We believe we can make sense of the world using reason, evidence, experience and shared human values.
- We take responsibility for our actions and base our ethics on compassion and empathy with the goals of human welfare, happiness and fulfilment.
- We seek to make the best of the one life we know we have by creating meaning and purpose for ourselves, individually and together.
- We support democracy, human rights and respect the diversity in our community.
- We support inclusivity of non-religious people and there being no discrimination based on religion or belief e.g. in education, government, employment and provision of services.
Have you tried Stephen Fry’s 4 short videos
titled “That’s Humanism”?
Are you a Humanist? Many people are humanists without even knowing it!
Find out using this quick quiz, it only takes a minute!
Click here for More about humanism
Click here for Reading about humanism